12.16.2004

Pearl Garden 2004

1 o’clock in the afternoon

Sunday in the Pearl Garden


November 23rd, 2005
In an enormous
feather bed
drowning

I was
swallowed up

"Join me in the Pearl Garden": he says


Magnolia trees bloom
their aromas
on floor:
screams stuck
on ceiling
mounting each other
on walls:
soul glyphs,
we are blasted
every
which way.

'Join me in the Pearl Garden": I say

"It's those DNA genes",
BIO_scientists proclaimed

"I want to get into his genes",
I exclaimed

After saying GOODBYE

To reproduction
I wanted
to be the mother
of his children

I say to myself:
"WOMEN are you smellin’ fumes?"

Rising to his feet
He reaches for my left hand

Hummingbirds encircle us
freshwater pearls:
BLUSH


"Join me in the Pearl Garden":
we say to each other


December 5th, 2004
Sitting in the corner
An empty unstuffed chair
is crying,
saltwater pearls

I wander
in the Pearl Garden:
Alone

It is Sunday Afternoon

Flowers chime:
Join me in the Pearl Garden:

It is now December 16th, 2005
stars shine, souls sing:
"I am lonely
for you, baby,
only for you,
only for you."



Josephine Lipuma
All rights reserved
2004




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home