7.03.2004

Pebbles



6:30 in the evening July 3rd, 2004


cries to hand


he sang to me


laying pebbles


carved on


sunken hearthstones




weeds engaging pebbles


as if


it was


so natural


leaf to rock


rock to flint


scattered remains


flint speaks


rock sings


burnt leaves


death visits me


once in while


letting me know


he can be alive


wasting away


right next to me


what a chance


to collect a soul


death expands


his breathe


I curse at God


“Just give me one more thing to handle.


I will combust”


I am polished stones


crushing into each other


rock to dust to flint


death kneels down


laying pebbles


neatly


one by one

crocheting webs


in a circle around me


I let him


spiders dance


spiders mate


I grow new legs


running laughing


“Catch me if you can


you son of a bitch.”





Josephine LiPuma
all rights reserved 2004






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home